You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Find arms that will hold you at your weakest, eyes that will see you at your ugliest, a heart that will love you at your worst. Find someone that will love you not just because you are the strongest, the prettiest, and the best.

So there is exactly one week until I get back to SWU, and I'm so freakin excited! Sumter has been Hell on Earth pretty much these past three weeks, and it's gonna be so good to get back home. And I can honestly say that I feel like SWU is home for me...hey I'm kinda like Harry Potter in that regard! Well it's the truth anyhow. SWU being home that is...not being like Harry Potter. But it's gonna be good to be back, and hopefully I'll be allowed to stay because I've gotten to know some pretty amazing girls. Rachel, Emily, Mary, Gracie...are pretty much the greatest people I've ever met. I honestly can say that they are part of the reason why God sent me to SWU, and didn't have me stay in high school another year or stay at USC Sumter or even go to Clemson . Even though this year would've gone a lot smoother and a lot less complications would have arisen if I'd never gone to SWU, if I had another chance to do everything over again...I'd do it all the same. When I screw up, these girls don't judge me. They help me up and set me straight. But unlike a lot of people lately, my screw ups don't make them think any less of me. Can, and will they be disappointed in me? Yes. But they'll love me all the same, and won't judge. Won't compare me to others. Won't hold it against me. They know, understand, and realize that I am human. I make mistakes, and do stupid stupid things. I don't have to be perfect for them. They love my imperfections because they're what make me me, and not someone else. Last semester was a God sent blessing because of them.

This next semester will be tough though. I HAVE to find a job while I'm at SWU next semester, and I'll need to get a good number of hours. I need to start making some money because school isn't cheap, and I need to start paying for my own car insurance and my own cell phone bill. Maybe I'm being stupid in the regard that my father pays for both right now, but I need to start paying for them myself. I hate that when people do stuff for me in those aspects in life, they'll hold it over me. So I want to be completely and utterly independent in that regard. I hate depending on people, and feeling indebted to them.

But while I plan on working a lot, I don't plan on spending all of my time working. That'd make going back to SWU counter-productive. I wouldn't spend enough time with the people I love and care about. The people that make SWU home for me. It's gonna be different being home though. I'll be more grateful for SWU, a lot happier, and it won't be entirely the same. Rachel Walker won't be my next door neighbor anymore. I think it'll really hit me on the 11th when I go to breakfast before class, and I'll be eating on my own. She may just get a phone call while I'm eating or something. But whoever our new next door neighbor is, I hope they realize they have some pretty big shoes to fill...not literally of course cause the Hawaiian is a pretty tiny person:) And Mary Fairchild better make plenty of trips down the hall, and Gracie better keep her butt in the dorms on the weekends every now and then! I'll have my roommate back with me next semester thank God. I've missed sharing my jail cell with her!

Well it's definitely time to wrap this up. I'm up way later than I should be, but I'll leave y'all with an awesome picture to marvel at. It's the background to my laptop:D Remember you're only allowed to look, you can't touch. According to Facebook she's mine;)

1 comment:

  1. only for me...but i wanted everyone else to see that too;)

    ReplyDelete